Friday, December 23, 2011

Peanut Butter and M&M Blondies

I love Christmas. But then again, who doesn't? My life has been rather busy/chaotic/stressful the past several months. I'm in my final year of high school, and working to finish 6 more college applications. Don't remind me of how stupid it was to apply to 12 schools. I know. Anyways, I'm so thankful to finally be on holiday break. The music, the warmth from the fire place, never having to leave my bed - it's nice to relax. I also have ample time to bake my life away, which is really the best part.

I had never made blondies before yesterday, and I'm not sure why that is. They are absolutely delectable. Soft, chewy, sweet, salty, delicious, perfection in bar form. 



What's better than peanut butter and chocolate? I can think of hardly anything. These peanut butter and M&M blondies could quite possibly be the best desserts you've ever eaten.



Peanut Butter and M&M Blondies
Recipe credit

Ingredients
1/2 cup of unsalted butter
1 3/4 cup of packed light brown sugar
3/4 cup of peanut butter
2 eggs
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 1/2 cups of M&Ms
1/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon of vegetable shortening

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Line a 9x13 pan with aluminum foil; coat lightly with cooking spray.

In a medium saucepan, melt butter and brown sugar over medium heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.

In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. After the peanut butter mixture has cool slightly (should still be warm, but not hot - you don't want to cook the eggs), add the vanilla; stir until combined. Add eggs one at a time, stirring until fully incorporated.

Pour the warm peanut butter mixture into the flour mixture. Stir until fully incorporated. Fold in one cup of M&Ms, and mix until dough forms. Pour into prepared pan, and smooth out with spatula until evenly distributed. Top with remaining 1/2 cup of M&Ms and press lightly into the dough. Bake for 25 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.

Allow to cool for at least 45 minutes. Melt chocolate chips and shortening in small bowl in microwave - 45s at 50% power. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over blondies.




No comments:

Post a Comment