Saturday, December 17, 2011

Holiday Buttons

I love simple sweets that take less than 10 minutes of preparation, and even less time for baking. The ease at which I can pop them in my mouth makes me enjoy them even more.

A few years ago, in 7th grade, my friend's mom made these delicious little buttons. I gobbled down one too many, but enjoyed them wholeheartedly. Years passed and I forgot about the miniature treats, but was recently reminded of their whimsy a few days ago. I knew I had to make some.



Peter and I went to Lowe's tonight and practically bought out the baking section. I kid. Lowe's was, however, lacking holiday Hershey Kisses which was a bit of a disappointment.

These buttons combine sweet, salty, and adorable - all into one bite-sized package. 



Holiday Buttons
1 bag of spiral or square pretzels
1 bag of Hershey's milk chocolate Kisses
1 bag of Hershey's cookies & cream Kisses
1 bag of holiday M&M's 

Preheat oven to 170°F. Lay pretzels on cookie sheets. 60-80 pretzels should fit on 1 sheet. Place kisses on center of pretzels. Bake for 4-8 minutes, depends on the oven, until the kiss is soft. Place M&M on top of kiss. Enjoy immediately, or wait for chocolate to set. Place cookie sheet in fridge for at least 15 minutes. I tried to cool them by leaving them on the counter, but the chocolate cools at different speeds and temperatures to they turned kind of chalky. I recommend the use of a refrigerator. 

Pop a button in your mouth, one after the other, and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment